Leos Janacek (1854–1928) wrote very little piano music. Nevertheless he left behind several unique and valuable pieces in this genre, including the cycle “In the Mists”, a highly personal reflection of his inmost feelings.
This cycle appeared in a Bärenreiter Urtext edition co-published by Editio Bärenreiter Praha . The musical text is based on the Complete Scholarly-Critical Edition of the Works of Leos Janacek. The detailed preface, specially written for this revised new edition, discusses the genesis and history of the work as well as the state of its sources. The musical text has been revised to reflect the current state of Janacek scholarship. Thus, our volume meets every prerequisite for professional performances of this important work.
- Detailed new preface by Jiri Zahradka ( Czech, Eng., Ger. )
- Tried and tested fingerings
- Bärenreiter Urtext at the forefront of Janacek scholarship
- ISMN: 9790006530472 (M006530472)
- ISMN: 9790260103306 (M260103306)