Work at Presto
DESPATCHER (part-time, 3-4 days per week)
To assist with processing, packaging and despatching of website orders along with general despatch and warehouse duties, such as Good In, customer orders, postage and packing. Applicants should be computer literate, hard working, reliable and able to work as part of a team.
The Despatcher role at Presto Music works within the Despatch department (at our new warehouse at Trident Park, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, UK), with the prime responsibility of distributing CDs, Sheet Music and Books to our online customers. Despatchers report to the Head of Despatch, with daily supervision from the Assistant Head of Despatch and Senior Despatchers.
The despatch department is responsible for the following areas of the Presto Classical business:
Ordering stock - CDs and Sheet Music; All Packing Materials
Goods In - Receiving Goods; Booking-In; Sorting
Customer Orders - Picking and Packing
Postage - 3 Courier Systems; Royal Mail
Manufacturing on Demand – the manufacture of CDs for customer orders
Despatchers at Presto Classical will receive training over a 6 month period. Upon completion of all training and health and safety, Despatcher duties will encompass the following responsibilities:
- Receiving and processing warehouse stock products and ensuring all items are stored away correctly
- Preparing and completing all customer orders for delivery or pickup
- Responsibility for booking packages onto courier systems, ensuring all couriers are complete each day.
- Ensuring all post gets bagged up and booked on correctly to the relevant system
- Assisting with customer emails and phone calls, when required.
- Performing inventory controls and keeping quality standards high for audits.
- Reporting any discrepancies and keeping a clean and safe working environment
- Despatchers will be strong team players, good communicators and co-operate well with supervisors and colleagues
- Despatchers will be aware of stock levels for packaging items such as labels, stickers and post bags – and ensuring all work stations are fully stocked at the end of each day.
To apply, please send an e-mail to David Batterbee - firstname.lastname@example.org