Work at Presto
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR
Presto Music, a leading classical & jazz music specialist online retailer, is looking for a Customer Services Advisor for our website.
- You will be at the front line of customer service for the Presto Music website
- Efficiently deal with and respond to all customer queries and issues, via e-mail & telephone, including complaints
- Maintain a very high standard of customer service
- Ability to liaise, collaborate & communicate with the wider team & business both within the warehouse and at other locations
- Prioritise a good and quick resolution to all customer enquiries
- Reporting to the Warehouse Manager
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years previous experience within a Customer Service role
- Excellent telephone manner and good listener
- Experience of handling a significant number of customer emails
- High level of English language skills including excellent spelling and grammar
- Excellent all-round computer skills, including Microsoft Office and (ideally) Microsoft Access (training will be provided where required)
- Knowledgeable and passionate about classical music would be an advantage, as would experience of downloading music and the ability to read music
- Confidence to use initiative and prioritise tasks whilst also being a strong communicator and team player
- Ability to remain calm, friendly and patient whilst under pressure
- Experience with meeting targets and deadlines
- Key personal attributes: reliable, responsible, decisive and organised
- Commitment and dedication to high standards and accuracy
Salary: circa £19,000 depending on experience
Days/Hours: 5 days, Monday-Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Hours: 0900-1730 - 1 hour lunch
Start Date: February/March 2019
To apply: Please email your CV and covering letter, by 31st March, to David Batterbee - email@example.com
DESPATCHER (part-time, 3-4 days per week)
To assist with processing, packaging and despatching of website orders along with general despatch and warehouse duties, such as Good In, customer orders, postage and packing. Applicants should be computer literate, hard working, reliable and able to work as part of a team.
The Despatcher role at Presto Music works within the Despatch department (at our warehouse at Trident Park, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, UK), with the prime responsibility of distributing CDs, Sheet Music and Books to our online customers. Despatchers report to the Head of Despatch, with daily supervision from Senior Despatchers.
The despatch department is responsible for the following areas of the Presto Music business:
Ordering stock - CDs, Sheet Music and Books; All Packing Materials
Goods In - Receiving Goods; Booking-In; Sorting
Customer Orders - Picking and Packing
Postage - 3 Courier Systems; Royal Mail
Manufacturing on Demand – the manufacture of CDs for customer orders
Despatchers at Presto Music will receive training over a 6 month period. Upon completion of all training and health and safety, Despatcher duties will encompass the following responsibilities:
- Receiving and processing warehouse stock products and ensuring all items are stored away correctly
- Preparing and completing all customer orders for delivery or pickup
- Responsibility for booking packages onto courier systems, ensuring all couriers are complete each day.
- Ensuring all post gets bagged up and booked on correctly to the relevant system
- Assisting with customer emails and phone calls, when required.
- Performing inventory controls and keeping quality standards high for audits.
- Reporting any discrepancies and keeping a clean and safe working environment
- Despatchers will be strong team players, good communicators and co-operate well with supervisors and colleagues
- Despatchers will be aware of stock levels for packaging items such as labels, stickers and post bags – and ensuring all work stations are fully stocked at the end of each day.
To apply, please send an e-mail to David Batterbee - firstname.lastname@example.org