The works for solo piano by Leos Janacek (1854–1928) are not great in number, however, they play a significant role in his oeuvre, forming one of the pillars of piano literature of the 20th century. After the piano cycle “In the Mists” – which might be described as the composer’s intimate confession of his spiritual state – and the sonata “1.X.1905”, the Bärenreiter Urtext series, in coproduction with Editio Bärenreiter Praha, is publishing what is possibly Janacek’s most popular piano work, the cycle of commemorative miniatures “On an Overgrown Path”.
- New informative and detailed preface by Jiri Zahradka (Czech, English, German)
- Tried and tested fingerings
- Bärenreiter Urtext at the forefront of Janacek scholarship
- ISMN: 9790006532667 (M006532667)
- ISMN: 9790260104617 (M260104617)