The so-called “Nelson Mass” is the third of the six great High Masses that Haydn wrote between 1796 and 1802 for the name-days of Princess Maria Josepha Hermenegild Esterházy. According to the dates given in theautograph he composed the work in the period between 10 July and 31 August 1798. It was thus written in the year of the first performance of the Creation.
- Urtext of the Joseph Haydn CompleteEdition
- Soprano solo, Alto solo, Tenor solo, Bass solo, Mixed choir (SATB), Flute, Oboe (2), Clarinet (in B-flat) (2), Bassoon, Horn (2), Trumpet (3), Kettledrum, Strings, Basso continuo
- Full score, togetherwithMissa in B major (Theresa Mass) Hob.XXII:12 (BA4660-01),
- Performance material (BA4660), vocal score (BA4660-90) and study score format 22.5 x 16.5cm (TP98) available for sale
- ISMN: 9790006452491 (M006452491)