The audiophile label audite has developed into a highly regarded address in the classical scene during the past few years. The professional press has bestowed the highest praise on Rafael Kubelik's Mahler Cycle with the Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra, as well as on the rediscovery of the composer Eduard Franck. Besides these series, which are being continued, we commit ourselves to first-class artists, unusual repertoire and audiophile quality.
Sound engineer Ludger Böckenhoff is the motor and centre of audite. For many years he worked for companies such as Deutsche Grammophon, Sony and BBC, and is still active today as a producer for other high-standard labels.
The close cooperation with a growing nucleus of first-class artists has also arisen out of this activity. This guarantees a clear programming line, consistently high quality and polished productions. The audite programme is based on three pillars - legendary recordings, interesting, at times unusual repertoire and large editions.
Further Reading: Audite
Reconstructed by the musicologist David Trippett, the single completed act of Liszt's abandoned opera on a subject by Byron reveals what the composer's son-in-law Wagner described as 'the claw of a lion'.
The musicologist and driving-force behind today's Recording of the Week talks to Katherine about the mysterious genesis of Liszt's uncompleted opera, and the process of reconstructing the manuscript for performance.
Recent Best Sellers: Audite
New Releases: Audite
Series & Collections: Audite
- Ferenc Fricsay Edition (9)
- Fischer-Dieskau Edition (5)
- Forum (2)
- Franck Complete Organ Works (1)
- Géza Anda Edition (5)
- Grieg Complete Symphonic Works (7)
- Karajan Edition (3)
- Karl Böhm Edition (9)
- Kubelik Mahler Cycle (9)
- Lucerne Festival Historic Performances (14)
- Mendelssohn Complete Chamber Music for Strings (5)
- Quartetto di Cremona Beethoven String Quartets (9)
- Schumann Complete Symphonic Works (7)
- Shostakovich Complete String Quartets (6)
- Swiss Piano Trio: Beethoven Complete Piano Trios (5)
- The RIAS Amadeus Quartet Recordings (6)
- Vierne Complete Organ Symphonies (3)