Heinrich Bach (Composer)
Born: 26th September 1615, Wechmar, Germany
Died: 20th July 1692, Arnstadt, Germany
Heinrich Bach was a German organist, composer and a member of the Bach family.
Heinrich Bach was born at Wechmar, and is the father of the so-called Arnstadt Line. After the early death of his father, his older brother Johannes Bach continued his music education and taught him organ playing. They moved to Suhl and Schweinfurt. From 1635 to 1641, he was Ratsmusikant in the Erfurt Ratsmusikanten-Compagnie led by Johannes.
Further Reading: Bach, H
David listens to the Belgian ensemble's latest album, tracing the evolution of the cantata through the older branches of the Bach family tree.
All Works: Bach, H
- Ach dass ich Wassers g’nug hatte in meinem Haupte (1)
- Da Jesus an dem Kreuze stund (2)
- Erbarm dich mein, o Herre Gott (5)
- Ich danke dir, Gott Kantate zum 17. Sonntag nach Trinitatis (4)
- So oft ich meine Tobackspfeife (1)
- Sonata a cinque in C (2)
- Sonata a cinque in F (2)
- Sonata I in C major (2)
- Sonata II in F major (3)