José Serrano (Composer)
Born: 14th October 1873, Sueca, Valencia, Spain
Died: 8th March 1941, Madrid, Spain
José Serrano Simeón was a Spanish composer of zarzuelas. He was born in Sueca, Valencia, Spain.
His most famous works include La dolorosa ("Lady of the Sorrows") and La canción del olvido ("The Song of Forgetting"). Serrano’s output mainly consists of popular, one-act zarzuelas, many filled with strong, dramatic and emotional situations. He is considered to be the musical heir of Federico Chueca; and the influence of Giacomo Puccini and Italian verismo is evident in many of his works.
All Works: Serrano, J
- Alma de Dios (3)
- Cancion de la gitana (from Le alegria del battallon) (3)
- Cenizas de un madrigal triste (1)
- Escena lírica (Los claveles) (1)
- La Cancion del Olvido: Preludio (1)
- La roca fria del Calvario - Romanze (from La Dolorosa) (4)
- Que te importa que no venga? (from Los Claveles) (2)
- Romanza de Gloria (Los de Aragón) (1)
- Te quiero moreno from El Trust de los Tenorios (7)