Ernst Köhler (Composer)
Born: 28th May 1799, Bielawa, Poland
Died: 26th May 1847, Wroclaw, Poland
Ernesto Köhler was an Italian flautist and composer. He was considered one of the best flautists of his era.
Born in Modena, Köhler was taught the flute by his father, Venceslau Joseph Köhler, who was the first flute of the Duke of Modena's orchestra. He moved to Vienna in 1869 as a flautist, and then became a member of the orchestra of the Imperial Opera in Saint Petersburg beginning in 1871.
Noted as a composer for flute, Köhler wrote over 100 works for the instrument: études, duets, and solos. He also produced an opera and several ballets.
All Works: Köhler, Ernst
- Die Himmel erzählen die Ehre Gottes aus der Schöpfung von Josef Haydn (1)
- Einleitung (after C.H. Graun‘s Tod Jesu, Op. 15) (1)
- Fantasie 'Amen' (After G.F. Handel's Messiah, HWV 56) (1)
- Fantasie 'Hallelujah' (after G.F. Handel's Messiah, HWV 56) (1)
- Prelude & Fugue in E major (1)
- Prelude & Fugue in F major (1)
- Prelude in A Minor 'Von Gott will ich nicht lassen' (1)
- Prelude in A Minor, Op. 68 No. 2 'Trauerfeierlichkeit' (1)
- Prelude in D Major 'Festlichkeit' (1)
- Variationen über die österreichische Volkshymne (2)
- Variationen über ein Thema von Louis Spohr, Op. 33 (1)
- Von Gott will ich nicht lassen (1)
- Wie schön leuchtet‘ uns (1)