Vittorio Rieti (Composer)
Born: 28th January 1898, Alexandria, Egypt
Died: 19th February 1994, New York, United States
Vittorio Rieti was a Jewish-Italian-American composer. Born in Alexandria, Egypt, Rieti moved to Milan to study economics. He subsequently studied in Rome under Respighi and Casella, and lived there until 1940.
In 1925, he temporarily moved to Paris and composed music for George Balanchine's ballet for Diaghilev's Ballets Russes, Barabau. He met his wife in Alexandria, Egypt. He was a cousin of actor Vittorio Rietti.
He emigrated to the United States in 1940, becoming a naturalized American citizen on the 1st of June 1944.
All Works: Rieti
- Allegro danzante (1)
- Brown Penny (Waltz) (1)
- Chess Serenade (2)
- Incisioni (1)
- Introduzione e Gioco delle Ore (2)
- La Danseuse aux Lions (1)
- Maid Quiet (Madrigal) (1)
- Music for Harpsichord and Instruments (1)
- Romanza lidica (1)
- Second Avenue Waltzes (1)
- Serenade for violin and little orchestra (1)
- The Fiddler of Doony (Waltz) (1)
- When you are old (Barcarolle) (1)