Ideology in Britten's Operas
- Author: Harper-Scott, J. P. E.
The author is interested in Britten's ideology and studies this by focusing on the origins, nature, and structure of the ideas in the operas. Recommended. Graduate students, researchers, faculty,... — More…
Printed on demand
- Part I . Mappa Mundi:
- 1. Defining ideology;
- 2. Ideological narratives;
- Part II . The Ship of State:
- 3. From manifest violence to its historical sediment;
- 4. The occultation of history;
- Part III . New World:
- 5. Women and children;
- 6. A shadow falls on castle walls.