Giacomo Antonio Domenico Michele Secondo Maria Puccini (Composer)
Born: 22nd December 1858, Lucca
Died: 29th November 1924, Brussels
Giacomo Antonio Domenico Michele Secondo Maria Puccini was an Italian opera composer who has been called "the greatest composer of Italian opera after Verdi".
Puccini's early work was rooted in traditional late-19th-century Romantic Italian opera. Later, he successfully developed his work in the realistic verismo style, of which he became one of the leading exponents.
Puccini's most renowned works are La bohème (1896), Tosca (1900), Madama Butterfly (1904), and Turandot (1924), all of which are among the important operas played as standards.
All Works: Puccini
- Ch'ella mi creda libero e lontano (from La Fanciulla del West) (1)
- Che gelida manina (from La Bohème) (1)
- Donna non vidi mai (from Manon Lescaut) (1)
- E lucevan le stelle (from Tosca) (6)
- La Bohème: Act 1 (1)
- Nessun dorma (from Turandot) (7)
- O mio babbino caro (from Gianni Schicchi) (5)
- O soave fanciulla (from La Bohème) (1)
- Vissi d'arte (from Tosca) (2)