Paul Abraham (Composer)
Born: 2nd November 1892, Apatin, Austria-Hungary
Died: 6th May 1960, Hamburg, Germany
Paul Abraham was a Jewish-Hungarian composer of operettas, who scored major successes in the German-speaking world. His specialty – and own innovation – was the insertion of jazz interludes into operettas.
Abraham was born in Apatin, Austria-Hungary (today Serbia), and studied at the Royal National Hungarian Academy of Music in Budapest from 1910 to 1916. He studied cello with Adolf Schiffer and composition with Viktor Herzfeld.
All Genres: Abraham
All Works: Abraham
- Ball at the Savoy Excerpts (1)
- Die Blume von Hawaii (13)
- Diwanpüppchen (from Die Blume von Hawaii) (1)
- Good night (Victoria und ihr Husar) (1)
- Hawaii Rozaja Excerpts (1)
- Reich mir zum Abschied noch einmal die Hände (from Victor und ihr Husar) (1)
- Toujours l'amour (1)
- Viktoria Excerpts (1)
- Viktoria und ihr Husar (8)