Srul Irving Glick (Composer)
Born: 8th September 1934, Toronto, Canada
Died: 17th April 2002, Toronto, Canada
Srul Irving Glick was a Canadian composer, radio producer, conductor, and teacher.
Born in Toronto, Ontario, he received a Bachelor of Music from the University of Toronto 1955, and a Masters of Music (Toronto), honorary FRCCO (1993). He continued his studies in Paris, France, with such masters as Darius Milhaud, Louis Saguer and Max Deutsch. He was a teacher of theory and composition himself at the Royal Conservatory of Music and York University.
Glick is one of Canada's most prolific composers, having written in all media from chamber music to oratorio.
All Works: Glick
- Alto Saxophone Sonata 'Adio' (1)
- An Evening at Heaven's Gate (1)
- Oboe Sonata (2)
- Old Toronto Klezmer Suite (2)
- Serenade & Dance (2)
- Seven Tableaux from the Song of Songs (2)
- South of North (2)
- Suite Hébraïque No. 1 (3)
- Suite Hébraïque No. 4 (3)
- The Hour has Come (1)
- The Klezmer's Wedding (2)
- The rabbi’s Wedding at the Palmerston Street Shul (1)
- Two Landscapes (1)
- We Are Children Just the Same (1)