Adam Falckenhagen (Composer)
Born: 26th April 1697, Leipzig, Germany
Died: 6th October 1754, Bayreuth, Germany
Adam Falckenhagen was a German lutenist and composer of the Baroque period.
He was born in Groß-Dölzig, near Leipzig in Saxony, but spent the later part of his life in Bayreuth. He wrote tuneful music which is still played today on lute and guitar. Much of this music survives in the Bavarian State Library, Munich.
He received his first musical instruction in the village of Knauthain, the native home of Johann Christian Weyrauch.
All Works: Falckenhagen
- Allemande (1)
- Concerto a cinco in F major (1)
- Concerto a cinco in G minor (1)
- Concerto for guitar (1)
- Concertos (6) (1)
- Duetto in G (1)
- Flute Concertos (6), Op. 4 (1)
- Lute Sonata in C minor, Op. 1 No. 1 (4)
- Lute Sonata in E flat major, Op. 1 No. 2 (3)
- Lute Sonata in F major, Op. 1 No. 5 (3)
- Lute Sonata in G minor, Op. 1 No. 4 (3)
- Lute Sonata, Op. 1 No. 3 (2)
- Prelude a la maniere de Carillon (1)
- Reverie (1)
- Sonata No. 5 in F Major (1)
- Sonatas (6), Op. 1 (1)