August Enna (Composer)
Born: 13th May 1860, Denmark
Died: 3rd August 1949, Copenhagen, Denmark
August Enna was a Danish composer, known mainly for his operas.
Enna was born in Nakskov, Lolland, Denmark, but his ethnic origins lay in the town of Enna in Sicily. His first major success as a composer was The Witch (1892), which was followed by several popular operas, songs, two symphonies (in D minor and E major), and a violin concerto. Strongly influenced by Wagner's music, he was himself an influence on Danish composers, such as Carl Nielsen.
August Enna also wrote piano music.
All Works: Enna
- Barcarole (1)
- Cleopatra Overture (1)
- Concerto for violin & orchestra in D major (2)
- Fairy Tale - Symphonic Pictures (1)
- Hans Christian Andersen Overture (1)
- Heiße Liebe (1)
- Kleopatra (1)
- Romance for Violin & Orchestra in G major (1)
- Songs (6) (1)
- Symphonic Fantasy (1)
- Symphony No. 2 in E major (1)
- The Little Match Girl (2)
- The Little Match Girl, overture (3)
- The Shepherdess and the Chimney-Sweep, ballet for orchestra & narrator (1)