Tauno Olavi Marttinen (Composer)
Born: 27th September 1912, Helsinki, Finland
Died: 18th July 2008, Janakkala, Finland
Tauno Olavi Marttinen was a Finnish composer of contemporary classical music.
Born in Helsinki, Marttinen studied in Viipuri and Helsinki. His earliest works are mainly late romantic. His output includes ten symphonies, concertos for various instruments, operas, chamber music, and ballets, among others. In 1965, Marttinen was awarded a Pro Finlandia medal.
All Works: Marttinen
- Concerto espagnole for Flutes and Orchestra, Op. 144 (1)
- Concerto for Violin and Orchestra (2)
- Illusio (fragment) (1)
- Illusio, Op. 214 (1)
- Ilmatar, ilman impi (Ilmatar, Maid of the Air) (1)
- Phantasy for Cello & Orchestra (1)
- Piano Concerto (1)
- Piano Sonata No. 1, Op. 90 (1)
- Symphonies Nos. 1 & 8 (1)
- Taara, Op. 34 (1)