UPDATE: Royal Mail have now resumed shipments on their TRACKED & SIGNED and SIGNED services but delays should be expected, please choose these services if available to you or FEDEX if your order is urgent.
John Axel Fernström (Composer)
Born: 6th December 1897, Yichang, China
Died: 19th October 1961, Lund, Sweden
John Fernström was a Swedish composer.
Fernström was born in Yichang, China, where he also spent most part of the first ten years of his life at the mission his father directed, except for a couple of years in Sweden. He resided permanently in the Swedish province of Skåne from 1907 and started to study the violin at the conservatory in Malmö. He was with the symphony orchestra of Helsingborg from 1916 until 1932, with some interruptions for studies; first as a violinist, later as one of its leading conductors. From 1941 he conducted the Lund Women's Student Choir at Lund University and took part in restructuring it, in 1948, into a mixed ensemble named Lund Academic Choir (Lunds akademiska kör).
All Genres: Fernström
All Works: Fernström
- Bassoon Concerto, Op. 80 (1)
- Clarinet Concerto, Op.30 (1)
- Den kapriciose trubaduren, Op. 21 (1)
- Flute Concertino, Op. 52 (1)
- Intimate Miniatures for String Orchestra, Op. 2 (2)
- Rao-Nai-Nai's Songs - Chinese Rhapsody, Op. 43 (1)
- Songs of the Sea, Op. 62 (1)
- String Quartet No. 3 (2)
- String Quartet No. 4 in E flat major, Op. 54 (1)
- String Quartet No. 6, Op. 81b (4)
- String Quartet No. 7, Op. 91 (1)
- String Quartet No. 8, Op. 93 (4)
- Symphonic Prologue, Op. 88 (1)
- Symphony No. 12 (2)
- Symphony No. 6 Op. 40 (2)
- Wind Quintet, Op. 59 (4)