'Lille' Bror Axel Söderlundh (Composer)
Born: 21st May 1912, Kristinehamn, Sweden
Died: 23rd August 1957, Stockholm, Sweden
Bror Axel (Lille Bror) Söderlundh was a Swedish composer and singer. He composed music for many Swedish films. He also wrote classical music, including the Concertino for Oboe and Strings which has been performed by the conductor Esa-Pekka Salonen.
He was born in 1912 in Kristinehamn. In 1929 he moved to Stockholm and studied violin.
In 1940, he worked on the anti-nazi satire performance of Den ökända hästen från Troja (The Notorious Horse from Troy) with Karl Gerhard.
He married ceramisist and textile artist Lisbet Jobs and they had two children, Michael Söderlundh and Stina Söderlundh.
All Works: Söderlundh
- Allegro concertante (2)
- Christina-Musik (1)
- Concertino for oboe with string orchestra (2)
- Den stora kometen (Text: Nils Ferlin) (1)
- Får jag lämna några blommor (2)
- Folk Waltzes (3) (1)
- Folklig vals nr.2, ur Tre folkliga valser (Folk Waltz) (1)
- Havangsvit Suite (2)
- Midsommarblomster (Text: Einar Molin) (1)
- När skönheten kom till byn (Text: Nils Ferlin) (1)
- Önskan (Text: Ingegerd Granlund) (1)
- Petite Suite for clarinet and piano (1)
- Prästkrage, säg…( Text: Gunnar Ekelöf) (1)
- Violin Concerto (1)