Fikret Amirov (Composer)
Born: 22nd November 1922, Ganja, Azerbaijan
Died: 20th February 1984, Baku, Azerbaijan
Fikret Mashadi Jamil oghlu Amirov was a prominent Azerbaijani composer of the Soviet period.
Fikret Amirov grew up in an atmosphere of Azerbaijani folk music. His father, Mashadi Jamil Amirov, was a famous mugam singer ("xanəndə"), who played tar and composed, including the 1915 opera Seyfal mulk.
During his childhood and early adolescence, Fikret began composing pieces for the piano. Upon his graduation from the Ganja Music College, Amirov entered the Azerbaijan State Conservatoire, now known as the Baku Music Academy, where he was a student of Boris Zeidman and Uzeyir Hajibeyov.
All Works: Amirov
- 12 Miniatures (excerpts) (1)
- At the spring (1)
- Azerbaijan Capriccio (3)
- Dans les montagnes d'Azerbaidjan (1)
- Danse (1)
- Gyulistan Bayati Shiraz (2)
- Kurd Ovshari - Azerbaijan Mugam No. 2 (2)
- Lullaby (1)
- Nocturne (1)
- Shur - Azerbaijan Mugam No. 1 (2)
- Six Pieces for Flute and Piano (8)
- Song of the Ashugi (1)
- Symphonic Dances (1)
- Symphonic Suite on Azerbaijan Folk Tunes (1)
- Symphony for String Orchestra, 'To the Memory of Nisami' (1)