Antonín Dvorák’s D major Mass differs markedly from his other large choral compositions. Written for a private occasion, this work of some half-hour’s duration is remarkable for the fascinating simplicity of its harmonic language and compositional workmanship. Its resultant moderate difficulty – and the possibility of using chorus members or a small subgroup for the solo parts in alternation with the full chorus – make Dvorák’s organ version a challenge that many church choirs will be able to master.
- Organ version by the composer
- Supportive, clearly written, easy-to-play organ part
- Choral writing of manageable difficulty
- Solo parts can be taken by chorus members
- ISMN: 9790006521647 (M006521647)