Britten: Noye's Fludde and The Golden Vanity
Owen Brannigan, Sheila Rex, Trevor Anthony, Wandsworth School Boys' Choir, Benjamin Britten (piano)
English Opera Group orchestra, Norman del Mar, Russell Burgess
Britten wrote these two works for children, but don't imagine that they're cosy and childish.
Many of his friends thought that there remained much of the child in him, and this clearly comes... — More…
DownloadsWhat are FLAC and MP3?
Britten: Noye's Fludde
- Chorus Of Animals, The Congregation, English Opera Group
- Norman Del Mar, Merlin Channon
- Trevor Anthony (speaker), Sheila Rex (mezzo-soprano), Owen Brannigan (bass), Eileen O'Donovan (soprano), Gillian Saunders (soprano), Marie-Therese Pinto (soprano), Darian Angadi (boy soprano), Kathleen Petch (soprano), David Pinto (boy soprano), Merlin Channon (assistant conductor), Stephen Alexander (boy soprano), Caroline Clack (soprano), Patricia Garrod (soprano), Margaret Hawes (soprano)
- Recorded: 1961-07-03
- Recording Venue: Orford Church, Suffolk
"Lord Jesus, Think On Me"
"I God, That All This Worlde Hath Wroughte"
"Have Done, You Men and Wemen All"
"Now In the Name Of God I Will Begyne"
Noye's Fludde, Op. 59: "Noye, Noye, Take Thou Thy Company"
"Wiffe, Come In! Why Standes Thou Their?"
"Ha! Children, Me Thinkes My Botte Removes"
"Now Forty Dayes Are Fullie Gone"
"Noye, Take Thy Wife Anone"
"Noye, Heare I Behette Thee a Heste"
"The Spacious Firmament On High"
Britten: The Golden Vanity, Op.78
- Wandsworth School Boys’ Choir
- Russell Burgess
- Mark Emney (boy soprano), Terry Lovell (boy soprano), Benjamin Britten (piano), Adrian Thompson (boy soprano), John Wojciechowski (boy soprano), Barnaby Jago (boy soprano)
- Recorded: 1969-10-10
- Recording Venue: St. John's Smith Square, London
"There Was a Ship Came From the North Country"
"Then Up Spake the Cabin-Boy"
"Casting His Clothes Off, He Dived Into the Sea"
"They Laid Him On the Deck"