Out of stock at the UK distributor
- List of Illustrations
- Translator's Preface
- Author's Preface
- I. the Scarlattino, alias the Sicilian
- II. The Genius of Parthenope, the Glory of Sebeto, the Delight of Mergellina
- III. Maecenas atavis edite regibus...
- IV. ...a falling virtu
- V. ...in Palermo, with the universal indulgence of all the Virtuosi and Composers of Music...
- VI. ...an Eagle, whose Wings are grown
- VII. Fugue for two voices, with some liberties
- VIII. Polish Intermezzi - 1
- IX. Polish Intermezzi - 2
- X. A time of penitence and of darkness
- Fugue in two voices with many artifices
- XII. Roseingrave, Handel, and the devil
- XIII. Bloodless disputes of courteous patrons, against the background of a war which only indirectly besieges Rome
- XIV. et petisse, ut vellet, ipsum emancipare et a Patria potestate, et paternis nexibus liberare...
- XV. Music, the solace of illustrious Souls... XVI. I believe that the waters of the Manzanares must be the waves of the Lethe...
- Appendix: Scarlatti's Emancipation